Friday, November 20, 2009

Spoon Love

I have been working feverishly to finish up holiday orders. As much as I hate to admit I some times wish I didnt take on the custom work. I feel as if it almost defeats the purpose Of being my own boss. When things have to be done the way some one else wants it it is no longer yours .Sure its all good but I always find my stress level rising when Im creating something for some one else. I find that I worry the whole time that they will approve .

One of my favorite remedies to cure this kind of stress is to just go to my studio and start sifting through my stash of goodies and just force my self to make something out of whats immediately in front of me .This week what was in front of me was a little velvet bag I picked up along my travels this summer.Inside the bag was some of the loveliest pieces of antique silverwear that screamed with artistic element.Thus what was born is "Spoon Love".I love it as it was done solely out of pleasure for myself .It is for me, I will wear it, Iwill love it. Doing this creation just for my self was a quick remedy to get me back on track to fill the rest of those pesky orders.Of course I write in jest as truly I feel blessed to be able to create those special one of a kind treasures for those who come to seek me out.Heres hoping all my artist friends will find there own private muse to take them away from all the hectic holiday stress .Cheers to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article! And I love the necklace.

Studio 27 said...

Beautiful piece! Isn't it nice just to do something for yourself? I made a funky circle painting for my new purple laundry room and I love it. It makes me smile every time I go in there :).